Don’t Let Anyone Steal Your joy and certainly, don’t GIVE IT away.
From bears to birds many species of animals will otherwise leave you alone unless you threaten their young offspring. Even in the midst of a global pandemic, the thought of wearing a mask is that you are protecting others not simply yourself. The prophet T.I. 😉 said “I don’t know what ya do for your respect but Imma die for mine.” The question I pose today is: what do you consider valuable enough to protect at all costs?
There are two things of utmost value to me: I will protect my peace and I will fight for my joy. Today we’re going to talk about Joy. We are going to understand that there’s something we must guard with all the zeal we have and then a little bit more. One of the most worthwhile battles you will ever fight in life is for your joy.
- Joy is a gift from God found in His presence (Psalms 16:11)Cultivate the presence of God in our lives like an invisible force field that keeps the bad from taking root and creates an atmosphere where desirable things thrive.
- Joy is a companion of peace (Is 55:12 & Rom 14:17)
- The Joy of the Lord is our strength (Neh 8:10) and completes our Joy (John 16:24).
- Joy is contagious (John 15:11)
- Joy is an ingredient that feeds hope by the power of Holy Spirit (Rom 15:13)
- Joy is a piece of the Kingdom of God (Rom 14:17) and therefore your rebirth right as a Christian!
- Joy is a fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22). We are to bear it but the Spirit of God produces it in us. The world didn’t give us this joy, so the world shouldn’t be allowed to take it away.
- Joy can be the offspring of our sorrow “Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.” (Psalms 126:5 – 6)
As a precious gift from God that keeps on giving to us and those around us, Joy is one of our most valuable possessions.